Loading...

20 Best Poetry Quotes by R.M Drake



And I loved her, all of her, for how I watch her crawl beneath my skin and into my soul. And I loved her, all of her, for how she would glide over my dark trails of roses left to grow. And I loved her, all of her, for how she devoured me whole and made sense of all my bones. But most of all, I loved her, all of her, for healing my pieces and guiding them all back home. -R.M.Drake




R.M Drake or Robert M. Drake or his full name is Robert Macias is an American Author/Poet. He is a self-published writer who gains his popularity by posting his work on Instagram. He becomes social media phenomena and now a top seller author on Amazon. I'm one of his biggest fans. You've probably seen R.M.Drake Poetry or quotes around the social media. I'm sharing some of his beautiful written poem/quotes here. He steals my heart with his words. It's raw, real, deep and so relatable. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did. Don't forget to check out his latest book Gravity.

I can’t remember what it was like before you, and I don’t even know how we got here, but maybe that’s exactly what I needed. Someone who could make me forget where I came from and someone who could make me love without knowing how to fall.


She was fierce, she was strong, she wasn’t simple. She was crazy and sometimes she barely slept. She always had something to say. She had flaws and that was OK. And when she was down, she got right back up. She was a beast in her own way, but one idea described her best. She was unstoppable and she took anything she wanted with a smile.

And all she wants to hear is the love you have for her.

She had such a beautiful mind. The kind of mind that sparked my dreams. The kind of mind that lead my inspiration, and it was the kind of inspiration that only the young at heart could imagine.

And there were always those nights where she preferred the rain over people. Because the rain would remind her of how she should feel and people would remind her of the things she always wanted to forget.



You lost her and it wasn’t because she was hard to hold, or love, or touch but because she was made of your absence, of all the things you ignored and all the beautiful poetry you read but failed to understand.

Because the end of the world happens at least once every hour since you’ve been gone. Because all the things I’ve told you I’ve really meant. Because without you there is no me. Because it hurts but I’m still breathing. Because they say “letting go” will “help me” but all I could do is think about you. Because I still love you and you are not here.


You don’t destroy people you care about. That’s not how it works, that should never be an option. Choose laughter. Choose peace. Choose love.Remember this and remember well. It is, after all, a lonely world. A world where two people can share the same heart, but there will always be something missing. The saddest of the sad is, how eventually, we as humans outgrow the things we love, and all we could do is remember how they once made us feel.

You don’t have to sink to the bottom of the ocean and watch the world as you fall. You don’t have to isolate yourself because you’re hurt. People who love you will always be waiting near the shore and every once in a while it’s okay to come to the surface to breathe. We all need air to grow, we all need an ocean to let go, but it’s people who will save you, always remember that.



It was the way you laughed, I knew I wanted that in my life.

I want to see you grow. I want to see you for who you are. I want ten years to pass, so you could come back and tell me how much you’ve learned. I want to see you inspired and touched by the flames inside you. I want to see you do all the things we both know you’re capable of… But I can’t help you if you can’t help yourself, because I believe in all the things that move inside you. So give yourself a chance and I will be here just in case you ever fall.



Because fate has a funny way of mending things back together. I mean, you’re here and I’m here, and we’ll find each other again… that is, if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. So if you believe and I believe, then someway, somehow, we’ll find each other again…just don’t forget me and I’ll promise to always have you close to my heart.

It must be madness, the way we let things devour us. The way we let the things we want out, back in. And the horror of it all is, we stay attracted to everything that hurts. We cling to it and never really learn to let go. So perhaps we do want happiness but we also desire to keep the pain close. Close enough to destroy us, close enough to define us and close enough to make us feel a little less cold.



Every once in a while you will come across someone who will rob you from your sleep and those are the people who are just too beautiful to put into words.

There are people who have been ignored and kicked around a few times, the ones the crowd will tell you to stay away from. Seek those people out, and find them; they are the ones who will change the world.

If we moved too fast, we'll break things. If we move too slow, we'll miss things. And if we don't move at all, we won't see things for how beautiful they truly are.


We were like astronauts, dreaming on the moon, telescoping the stars, exploring the skies and searching for the moments that took our away breath.

Don't think. it complicates things. just feel, and if it feels like home then follow its path.

Your gorgeous chaos was a danger to my beautiful ordinary life, and I knew that. Then suddenly, we became beautifully extraordinary together.

This is the last thing I want to tell you. I want you to put yourself first, no matter who you fall in love with. I want you to love yourself like it’s the only thing left to do. And lastly, I want you to find someone that will help you realize how important the first two things are. Your life should consist of making yourself happy before giving your laughter away to someone else.

0 comments:

Loading...